Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 14, 2013

THE GLASS DETOUR


A few weeks after having the new windshield installed in the motor home, I noticed a 1-2" crack at the upper left corner, on the drivers side.  The crack may have occurred right after installation, but I didn't notice it until we were driving, several weeks later.  When I called RV Glass in Coburg yesterday, I made an appointment for this Monday, the 16th to have it replaced...............again!  This will be the 4th windshield replacement, the second within a month.  It looks like it's going to be another insurance claim, because I was told on the phone that "stress cracks" aren't warrantied.  I have no way of knowing when the crack appeared, or if it's defective glass, so it's kind of hard to make an argument for RV Glass to cover the cost.  We'll continue that discussion when we get to Coburg, and they can take a look at the crack.


Tomorrow, we'll pull out of the Seaside Thousand Trails, and head south along the coast to Newport.  That's where we'll split up, and Nancy will continue south to the Elks RV Park in Florence.  When the new glass is installed on Monday, we'll stay the night in Coburg, then join back up with Nancy on Tuesday.  Being flexible, and able to change plans, or directions, is a good thing when traveling in an RV.  I think I'll call this change "the glass detour".

No comments:

Post a Comment