Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 1, 2013

ILWACO SAT. MARKET


The boat harbor in Ilwaco provides a nice location for the multitude of EZ ups and the vendors selling everything from vegetables, to jewelry.  The Saturday street fair in Ilwaco brought out the elusive sunshine, which was a welcome relief from all of the fog & rain we've had during the past week.


As street fairs go, this one is pretty typical, except for it's location adjacent to the boat harbor just a few feet away.  On this nice sunny morning, there was lots of activity on the boats, and after making a pass in front of the vendors, I found myself watching the harbor as I waited for the girls.  Things like jewelry, and all of the other artsy stuff is kind of fun to look at but, what takes me a few seconds to check out, takes the girls a whole lot longer.  And then, there's the conversation that almost always seems to follow, regarding how it's made, how adorable it is, what a clever idea, and all of the small talk that men usually don't get involved with.  I guess it's built into the feminine genes, and is part of the "shop till you drop" mentality.  It looked like they were having fun, and in the end, that's all that really matters.



On the way back to Long Beach, there was some conversation about continuing the shopping at the trinket stores in town, and that's when I excused myself from this newest excursion into shopping land.  Besides, I had spent a whole dollar at the street fair, on a hand knitted cat nip ball, and I knew that Gracie needed to play with it.  As Patty & Nancy drove off toward their endless quest for the perfect bargain, Gracie was having fun getting high on her kitty waki tabaki.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment