Total Pageviews

Friday, September 6, 2013

I'M HOOKED

Yesterday, when the girls decided that more shopping in downtown Long Beach was on their agenda, I said "thanks for asking, but no thanks".  After catching up on some reading, I grabbed the most valuable device ever invented..............the TV remote.  While surfing through the channels, I ran across several older episodes of Duck Dynasty, and like a cat, curiosity got the better of me.

I had previously heard some of the buzz about this family of rednecks, who have become millionaires, first from their innovative duck calls, and now from the most popular cable TV show in history.  As I watched the first half hour show about a surprise family wedding, and the attempts of  Uncle Si to keep it a secret, I was hooked!  Even though this reality show follows some of the familiar story lines about everyday living, this family is funny, particularly Uncle Si.  I guess you either get it, or you don't, but evidently, millions of folks DO get it, as the TV ratings are through the roof! 

It's early afternoon, and I'm now glued to the TV, watching the older shows, and DVR'ing future episodes.  When Patty & Nancy returned, I had just finished my Duck Dynasty marathon, and by then, I was hooked even more!  This show about the Robertson clan is more than just funny, it focuses on family values, and each show ends with the family around the dinner table, with a religious blessing.  Despite their antics & pranks, this country would be in a lot better shape with more families like the Robertson's.   Yep, I think it's safe to say that I'm now hopelessly hooked, and it'll be easy to find me on Wednesday evenings around 7pm. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm hooked too. I laugh at every episode, and appreciate the family values that is at the core of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It cracks me up also Dad. I've only watched about 4 episodes but I to laugh multiple times during each show.

    ReplyDelete