Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

BACK TO WORK


Leaving a house empty for 5 months, creates a bit of work when it's reoccupied.  Starting yesterday, we both went into a "clean the domicile" mode.  While Patty worked on the inside, I started on the outside, pressure washing away lots of dust, dirt, and cobwebs.  With the window screens removed, I washed & towel dryed all the glass.  Yes, I do windows!  Today, the inside of the glass will get a thorough cleaning, then I'll move onto something else.   

 I think it's safe to say that my diet is about to change.

Late in the afternoon, we drove over to Marc, Chandra, and Laila's house for a visit.  It's amazing how fast our little 7 year old (soon to be 8) changes in a mere matter of months.  It was good to reconnect with our family, and catch up on all of the news.  They are in the final planning stages of an upcoming  two week trip to Hawaii.  They, along with our son Mike, and his wife Amy, will be staying at Nancy's condo on the island of Maui. beginning on Oct 7th. 
   
Gracie's ready to leave the little house for the big house.

It's good to be home, despite all of the chores that are on the horizon.  After 5 months of  not much physical activity, it's time to shed the extra pounds.  I haven't gotten on the scale yet, but I know me & my buddies Ben & Jerry, won't be seeing much of each other for quite awhile.  Yep, breakups are difficult, but  old B & J have lots of other friends to keep them company. 

Today, Miss Gracie has an appointment with the Vet, and after some blood work, we'll get a better picture of how she's doing, and what an updated prognosis looks like.  According to the Vet in Anchorage, we weren't sure she would make it home, so any extra time we have with her is a blessing.  Hopefully, there will be some better news later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment