Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

RACE DAY

Patty and Nancy decided they would head back to Astoria yesterday, leaving me home alone with nothing to do.   Well, not exactly, I had the NASCAR race recorded, and there was 5 hours of live coverage in Indianapolis, home to the biggest drag race of the year.  I bid the girls farewell, as I lined up all of my snacks for the day, and settled into the recliner with my buddy on my lap.

During the next several hours, I fast forwarded through the commercials, and watched the NASCAR boys and girl chase the checkered flag at Atlanta.  How did we ever survive without DVR's?  Next up was all of the drag racing action at Indy, where the teams competed at NHRA's super bowl.  I previously mentioned that my two sons (Mike & Marc) and I, are engaged in a fierce competition within a fantasy drag racing league.  After yesterday's race, with 6 more to go before the season ending race in Pomona, CA, the old man is leaving the kids in the dust.  It's starting to look like last season's champ (Marc) is about to go down in flames, currently 400 points behind me in second place. 

After the girls returned from Astoria, we met Nick & Terry for another dinner at the Lost Roo in Long Beach.  With my burger deficit being at an all time low, that problem quickly went away with a very good mushroom/swiss topped chunk of cooked dead meat.  For the second time, when the employees started to stack the chairs, we got the message that it was time to vacate the premises.  Nick & Terry are leaving for the Seaside Thousand Trails this morning, and we'll be following their path in 6 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment