Total Pageviews

Monday, January 28, 2013

WORKIN ON THE RANCH

Since returning from 3 weeks in the motor home, I've spent most of the last two days working in my garage/shop.  Nothing too exciting, just trying to get the insulation, sheet rock project finished, so I can move on to other things.  The only walls that aren't done are 10 feet of the south wall, and 10 feet of the east wall, both in the southeast corner of the building.  I'll be doing that area a little bit differently, because I plan on building a 10x10, secure storage room in that corner. 

While we were gone, the Tucson area was hit with some unusually cold temperatures, getting down into the low 20's for a few days.  I was a little worried, not knowing how the house would handle below freezing weather.  Before the predicted low temperatures arrived, Marc came out and turned on a couple of the inside faucets at a slow drip, and did the reverse when it warmed up.  With the furnace set at 65 degrees, the house came through fine, and we didn't have to deal with any broken water pipes.

This week is going to be a bit on the busy side, as I have an appointment to take the motor home in to Lazy Days for a right side camera replacement, our second garage door opener is due to be installed, and several other things are on the calender. 

No comments:

Post a Comment