Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 24, 2013

A BUNCH OF FLEAS

Still no photos, but after waiting almost half an hour, at least I have access to Google, and can post a narrative.  We've been parking at this location in the desert, about 5 miles south of Quartzsite for several years,  and despite all of the people here, I'm sure our semi remote parking spot has something to do with the super slow Internet signal.  There are lots of choices regarding a place to park, and perhaps next year, we'll pick an area closer to town.

Yesterday, for about 4 hours, we perused all of the stuff for sale at two different flea markets, finding a few things.  Nancy won the shopping war, picking up a couple of cow hides, an old cowboy rope, and a new Levi Jacket.  By about 2 pm, it was time to head back to the motor homes, and let the dogs out.  The girls decided that they hadn't quite filled their quota of shopping time, so they returned to town.  A little later, I made a quick trip back to the big tent, where I discovered that when Nancy purchased her Roadmaster Defender, they had given her the wrong brackets.  When I put the thing together, I had a feeling that something wasn't quite right, and that was confirmed when I stopped at the Roadmaster booth.  To their credit, I was quickly given the right brackets, along with a couple of new clips, and when I returned to the motor homes, I disassembled, and reassembled the rock guard with the right brackets.  About the time I finished, the girls returned, and shortly thereafter, we headed into town for pizza at Silly Al's.

Unfortunately, I think everybody for miles around had the same idea.  Finding a parking place was the first challenge, and when we walked up to the door, we discovered that the place was packed, and we were looking at a long wait just to order food.  We tried a couple of other restaurants with the same results.  So, we gave up on the eating out idea, and returned to the desert, where we had plenty of food.  After a short sit by the campfire, we called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment