Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A LEVEL PAD


The north side of the house is the spot where the motor home lives when not being used.  A 50 amp electrical, and water connection are at the corner of the house, and the windshield faces away from the afternoon sun.  Eventually, this is probably where I'll build a shade cover.  One of the first things that had to be done before any other improvements, was to level the ground which slopes away from the house.  I started that project under the threat of rain, and just as I was finishing, the water came down in one of our brief desert deluges.

While the motor home is at Lazy Days RV for a few fixes, I decided it was a good time to tackle this dirt moving project.  I had to dig down about a foot near the house, and spread that dirt to the north.  The area is now much more level, and I won't have to park the left wheels of the RV on wood blocks.


This morning, the second garage door opener for the bigger door is scheduled to be installed.  When that's completed, most of the electrical improvements will be done in the garage.  The next big job inside the building, will be the construction of a storage room at the southeast corner.  When I did the electrical, I ran the wiring to that corner, so it's just waiting for some lumber and the sound of a hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment