Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

FINDING A WAY


First order of business yesterday was to find a picture transfer cable for my Nikon Camera.  Thinking that Best Buy would have a cable for just about anything, that was our first stop.  When I was told that all Nikon cables have to be ordered from Nikon, I knew there had to be another way to put my blog "with pictures" back in business.  A call to a local camera store confirmed what Best Buy was telling me, that it was unlikely I would find a cable by itself.  Not wanting to go the next 3 weeks on  the road, without being able to put pictures on the blog, I bought another similar Nikon Camera, that had the above cable I was looking for.  Hey, most RV'ers have two of everything anyway, one for the house, and one for the motor home.  Now I have my second camera. 


One of each days activities includes a happy hour, with lots of snacks, and lots of conversation.  Our Golden Spike RV chapter's members are mostly from CA, with just a few of us from AZ, and NV.  There are about 30 of us here at this rally, which officially starts today.


Our chapter volunteers take care of a couple of activities, and as such, we were eligible to attend the free volunteer dinner last night.  However, Patty, Nancy, and I decided that a second dinner at the Fisherman's was a better choice.  My Halibut and chips was about as good as it gets, and for someone who isn't a big fan of seafood, I could probably eat at this unique restaurant several times a week.

Our buddies from Fresno, Bill & 'D' Hall.
 
 There's always a crowd at this very popular  restaurant.


Not much on the rally schedule today, other than our chapter BBQ/potluck, & business meeting this evening.  Vendors open up tomorrow, and I'm sure there's something for sale, that I can't live without.  Maybe, if there's nothing with my name on it, I bet I can find a bunch of stuff that Nancy just has to have.  It's so much fun to spend other people's money!

1 comment: