Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

RAIN !



And lots of it! I took this picture from inside the motor home, just a few minutes ago. Yesterday evening, when I took Sami out for the last time, the water in the photo was about 2 inches deeper, and I had to carry her to a place where she could, well, you know. I went to bed wondering if I would need a boat, to get Sami to higher ground this morning. The rain started yesterday afternoon, it continued through most of the night, and is still going strong this morning. The weather forecast was for up to 6 inches of rain, along the N. Carolina & Virginia Coasts. Today was the day we were going to drive the jeep across the Chesapeake Bridge, into Norfolk. We agreed last night, it might be better to stay put, at least as long as the potential for heavy rain and possible high wind exists. I don't think we'll have any trouble moving the motor home, as the RV space is fairly well packed ground, and the gravel road is only a few feet in front of us. This storm kind of caught me by surprise. I knew that rain was in the forecast, but didn't pay attention to the amount that was predicted. The good news is, other than temporary puddling, we're not in an area that might experience any kind of severe flooding. When we leave tomorrow, it looks like we'll be driving on some wet roads, as we head south toward Augusta, GA, and a visit with our son Mike, his wife Amy, and my favorite German Shepherd, the grand dog - Tiga.


No comments:

Post a Comment