Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 3, 2009

BACK TO CUMMINS COACH CARE

Once again, we were up at 5am, and on the road back to Coach Care in Harrisburg at 6am, for a 7am appointment. Having completed the maintenance issues at last weeks appointment, the purpose for this visit, was to have the refrigerator part installed, that came in two days ago. I also had a set of 8 shocks shipped from Michigan, that were waiting to be installed. Just after we settled into the customer lounge, the tech comes into the room and says, "these shocks won't fit your coach". My surprise was a bit animated, since I had previously spent a good part of last Friday, on the phone, with several shock retailers, and the sales manager of Bilstein, the shock manufacturer. Everyone was in agreement, that the shock I ordered, was the right one for our Monaco Camelot. Well, everyone was wrong, the 8 shocks sitting at Cummins Coach Care, were the part number everyone agreed on, but the tech was right, they would not fit our motor home. After the dust settled, the company who next day aired the shocks, sent a call tag to Cummins for the shocks to be returned. Later in the day, I finally talked to the Bilstein RV guru, and he gave me the right part number for the shock that fits our coach. I then called the company where I ordered the shocks, which had 8 of the right shocks in stock, and asked them to ship them to our son Mike, in Augusta, GA. We'll be there in about a week, and I'll either install them myself, or find a shop in Augusta. The good news is, I'm not out anything for shipping, and the shocks that will fit, were less expensive to the tune of about $3 each. The other good news, is that so far, when switched to propane, the refrigerator seems to working normally. Hopefully, when we leave here tomorrow, that will still be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment