Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 10, 2009

CHESAPEAKE BRIDGE/TUNNEL


I can now check off one more item on my bucket list, driving over/under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel. One would think, that as things are checked off a list, the list would get shorter.
Sounds logical, right? The problem I have with my list, is that I keep adding to it, and instead of getting shorter, it's getting longer! Driving over/under this longest bridge/tunnel in the world (over 17 miles long), has long been on my radar screen for quite some time, and yesterday, we had good weather, and the drive was spectacular. The only thing missing, was a Navy Warship, passing over one of the tunnels. We stopped at the southern most man made island, where there is a restaurant, gift shop and fishing pier. When I turned into the parking lot, I soon realized that there was not enough room to turn around without unhooking the jeep. Since we became motor home owners, over 20 years ago, this was the third time that I had to unhook our towed vehicle, in order to get turned around. Once that project was completed, we enjoyed the scenery from a water view booth in the restaurant, then continued south through Norfolk, and on into North Carolina. Our stop for the night was.....yep, you guessed it, a super Wal-Mart, next to I95 in Lumberton, N.C. Today, we will drive 3 or 4 hours to Augusta, GA, and will be spending several days with our son Mike, and his wife Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment