Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 19, 2009

THE HEAT

All of the 6 days that we have been in Florida, the ambient temperatures have been 90, or above. Now, for someone who has a home in Arizona, 90 degrees shouldn't be a big deal, right? Not exactly. Due to the very high humidity, it only takes a little activity outside the motor home, and you feel like you're in a sauna, not to mention the wet and sticky clothing. I remember back to my first experience with humid conditions at Fort Knox, KY, during the summer of 1966. Being from CA, I had never dealt with high temps and high humidity. I didn't get acclimated back then, and I'm quite sure that I won't during this visit to the south. The good news is that we are back at Orlando Thousand Trails, with new shocks on the motor house. Even though the 20 mile drive was on the freeway, I could tell that the ride and stability had improved. When we get on the rougher roads, I'll be in a much better position to evaluate how much the new shocks have helped. The other good news is that with some adjusting and lubrication, the slide is now working as it should. The bad news is that once again, the refrigerator tests were inconclusive, and in fact, the last one wasn't completed until about 9pm last night, after we returned to the T.T. I'll be on the phone with Dometic Monday morning, and we'll see where we go from there.
After sitting around at Cummins for 2 days, we have vowed to get out and do something today. Not sure what, but whatever it is, I'll be writing about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment