Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

LOVE BUGS

Florida has this small black bug that joins together with another of its' species, and the two fly around together, in what appears to be a perpetual state of wedded bliss. I'm no bug expert, but that's what it looks like, and I'm sure that's how the damn things got the name "Love Bug". What I do know is they are almost impossible to remove from the front of your vehicle. Once again, Patty and I spent way too long yesterday, scrubbing the little critters from the front of the motor home. I read somewhere, that this little bug was brought into Florida by one of the universities, because it ate the scale off the citrus fruit. As usual, when man intervenes with nature, he may solve one problem, but almost always creates another one. When we were finished, we were both soaking wet, and it was time for yet another shower. Have I mentioned that I dislike hot, humid weather?
There's a Wal-Mart in Wauchula, about 5 miles north of here, so we took our empty gallon water jugs, and picked up a few groceries. Today, we will drive to Lazy Days RV Supercenter, just outside of Tampa, and get checked into their RV Park. I found an offer on their website that gives the first time user of their RV Park, 2 free nights. There are a few big "ifs", but "if" our new refrigerator shows up today, and "if" the installation goes as planned, we might get back on the road by Oct 1st. I don't think I'll hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment