Total Pageviews

Monday, May 13, 2013

A POT OF GOLD


Since I've previously written about my never ending quest for the elusive Sharps, it's no secret that this unleaded version of beer, is more and more difficult to find at the local retailer.  Yesterday, I hit the jackpot at BI-MART!  While the girls were shopping till they dropped in Sisters, I drove a few miles south to LaPine, and happily discovered that BI-MART still stocks Sharps on their shelves.  It's been almost 3 years since we were last in this area, and if I were a betting person, my guess would have been that BI-MART had joined the long list of stores that no longer kept Sharps in their inventory.


To make this end of the rainbow discovery ever sweeter, the price per 12 pack was over $4 cheaper than what BevMo charges.  Because our motor home is already sagging in the middle, due to one of the basement bays being chock full of Sharps, I only purchased one case yesterday.  But, like a drug addict might happily proclaim, "I now have a reliable source for my habit"!

Today is fix the Jeeps day.  Nancy discovered a problem with her drivers side power window, and I need to fix the hood support rod on our Liberty.  Since we're here for a few more days, and there is a Jeep dealer in Bend, that's where we're headed this morning.



2 comments:

  1. Wow
    I didn't think that Sharps Beer was still bottled...almost like Chesterfield Cigarettes I haven't seen them for years either.
    Boy do I remember all the free loaders in High School that didn't want them non filter cigarettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something almost as hard to find is Old Milwaukee NA and I like it even better than Sharps. I drink 7up rather than Odouls.

    ReplyDelete