Total Pageviews

Friday, May 17, 2013

A FREE LUNCH, SORT OF

Not much to share about yesterday, except for the fact that it was drizzly most of the day.  We did drive into Bend, where we killed an hour or so at Costco.  It was near the lunch hour, so we were all hungry.  Strolling through Costco, with all of the food product sample tables, can either help quench your appetite, or you end up buying a bunch of stuff that later turns out to be not quite as good as when you sampled it in the store.  I think the former was an appropriate description for the girls, as they tried to have a free lunch, compliments of Costco.  For me, a cracker with the latest wonder cheese, or a spoonful of fake meat & pasta, or a thumb size bite of an energy bar, didn't do much to stop my stomach from saying "it's time for a burger".

When we left Costco, I pointed the Jeep to the nearest building that looked like a restaurant.  I didn't drive far before stopping at Jake's Grill, where Patty had a glass of water.  She must have been doing more sampling than I thought.  Nancy must have passed on some of the Costco samples, as she had a bowl of soup.  I ordered a half pound bacon cheeseburger, which easily took care of the funny noises that had previously been coming from my stomach.  

It was late afternoon when we returned to the motor homes, but the girls weren't done shopping quite yet.  When they said that there was one more quilt store in LaPine, I said "see ya".  With Gracie curled up on my lap, I finished the day in my recliner, doing the same thing that the feline was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment