Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A NON STARTER

After the memorial service for Joe, and some time in Marina at the house, it was time for me to get on the Harley, and ride back to the motor home near Hollister. As Marc watched and listened, the starter just spun, and didn't engage the motor. Several attempts later with the same result, it was back to the old tried and true method of pushing and bump starting the bike. In the old days, this was much more common than it is now. Thankfully, there was a small hill in front of the house, and on the second attempt, it fired up, and I was on my way. With only one stop for gas without turning off the motor, I was back at the motor home about 45 minutes later. Thanks Marc for the push.
I called Art, and arranged to bring the bike over to Modesto H-D yesterday, arriving at the shop at about 10:30am. As soon as I unloaded the bike, it was rolled into the shop, and by the time I finished visiting with some of my old friends, the new starter was installed, the bike was detailed, and I was on my way south by 1pm. Even though I'm sure everyone gets good service at Modesto and Jamestown Harley-Davidson, I have a hunch that my quick turn around had something to do with my relationship with Art & Linda. Whenever I'm involved in a conversation that has to do with failed partnerships, I'm always quick to point out, that's not always the case, that Patty and I are living proof of a great partnership with Art & Linda, and Everett and Lori, who are still among our best friends. Thanks again Art, for arranging the quick fix to my bike. I owe you another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment