Total Pageviews

Friday, October 8, 2010

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

I'm stuck with this slow Internet connection, so no pictures for a few more days. Hey, at least I can get online, even if it's super slow.
Yesterday, I rode the bike north to Morgan Hill, and a Camping World Store, where I returned a faulty adjustable water regulator that I had purchased while we were in Washington. From there, I rode west over Hwy 152 (Hecker Pass) to my High School town of Watsonville. When I was 10, we moved from Bass Lake to Watsonville, and that's where I lived until my two years in the Army in 1966 and 1967. When I was discharged, I had a family, (Michael was born in 67), and we lived in Watsonville for almost a year before I began my career with the CHP. After the academy, we moved to Southern California, where Marc was born in 1969.
I drove past my old home on McKenzie Ave, and then past our other home on E. Lake Ave. While riding around this part of town, I couldn't travel more than a few feet without another memory flashing through my head. Many business' that were there when I was a kid, are now gone. Some of the homes I remember as friends houses were only similar in size and shape, as most had been painted a different color, or something else had changed to alter their appearance.
Several times I saw something that caused me to remember an occasion, or an old friend that I hadn't thought about in years. It was a nostalgic trip down memory lane, and reminded me how many years have past since those carefree days of my youth.
From Watsonville, I rode south on Hwy 1 to Castroville, then back to Hollister and the Thousand Trails at San Benito. This morning, I'm riding south on Hwy 25/101 to Paso Robles, then back up the coast highway, through Big Sur and Monterey.

No comments:

Post a Comment