Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 6, 2014

FROM WARM TO COLD

The high temperature today in Tucson is supposed to be 80 degrees.  The forecast for Augusta, Georgia, is 41 degrees.   Marc and I will experience the difference, as we're flying back east this morning.  Our connecting flight goes through Washington D.C., where it's supposed to be even colder, with a predicted high temp of 35 degrees today.  I guess I shouldn't whine too much, but what the heck, I'm going to anyway!  The dreaded long pants, and the even more extreme jacket, will be part of the attire for the next few days.  Yep, we Arizonians are spoiled, no doubt about it.

We're both looking forward to a visit with Marc's brother Mike, and his wife Amy, before we return to the desert on Monday.  Mike's third deployment to Afghanistan begins next month, and he's scheduled to return sometime in August. 

Because Marc works for the largest regional airline (Skywest) in the country, we both fly free, but it's standby.  In other words, if the flight is full, we don't go.  The flights from here to Phoenix, Phoenix to D.C., and from D.C. to Augusta all look pretty good, so hopefully we'll get there sometime this evening. 


1 comment:

  1. Understand completely, however I will miss your writings along with the photos of Lila and Snoopy!

    Good luck with the RV garage people, I know your frustration and I agree it is a wonder how companies stay in business, I deal with people like them daily as I work in the construction industry in a 55+ community here in Florida and companies are definitely not what they used to be!

    Best of luck to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete