Total Pageviews

Friday, March 14, 2014

ADIOS

The ritual of spending a few minutes posting on this blog, or often, much more time in front of the computer each morning, is coming to an end.   It's been almost exactly 5 years since this electronic journal began, and I've accomplished what I set out to do.  The documentation of our travels, the home improvement projects, the time behind the badge, and glimpses into our daily experiences, has given our kids a multi year window into our lives.  That was my primary motivation when this all began, and with the yearly publication of a book, our 3 boys and grand child now have a written, pictorial record, that will stand the test of time.

Thanks to all who have followed our sometimes crazy lifestyle.  This decision has been in the works for sometime now, and it wasn't taken lightly.  Going back to a part time job these past few weeks, punching an early morning time clock, has brought this subject back to the forefront.   So, with some regret, the daily posts have come to an end.  I'm certain there will be occasional updates, particularly when we're back in the motor home, or when some other event is noteworthy, but for now.......it's adios.  


17 comments:

  1. I will miss your blog. Please be safe in your travels.

    Rex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see it go. I will miss the daily updates to your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you'll blog this summer when NOT working ... be prepared for a big cell phone bill however, cuz you KNOW Patty and I can't go more than a couple days without an update!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the input over the years. Take care and if the bug strikes again, we'll look forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your posts with all the trials and tribulation
    Enjoy your precious family time stay and drive safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have enjoyed reading your blog daily. We have just begun our fulltiming experience in Aug. 2012 and have read many blogs for suggestions, etc. I will miss it but hopefully you'll update it occasionally. God speed and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't followed your blog very long. Very much enjoyed your honesty dealing with the RV shed. Been there, done that. Via Con Dios! Retired L.A. Fire

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know all too well the pressure of putting out a daily blog can be, Dan, and I certainly understand. But as with all of your fans, I will miss it. Hope to see you someplace down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Followed you almost from the beginning and enjoyed your technical/mechanical view of rving. Hope you change your mind. Bob Plaskon

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAIRWELL MY FRIENDS. I ENJOYED
    YOUR TRAVELS FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS.

    GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Was the rv shed ever finished?

    ReplyDelete
  12. No. They were supposed to be here on April 7th with the missing panel, and finish the anchor bolts, but never showed up. Not even a phone call! I called them the next day, and said I would finish the building myself, that I was done with their cancellations and no shows. It will be interesting to see how they approach collecting the balance due.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dan, I have been enjoying your blog for the past couple of years. Sorry to see you bring it to an end for now.

    Stay safe and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete