Total Pageviews

Monday, March 3, 2014

34 YEARS

When Patty and I started our journey together, we were both single parents, living in Los Banos, CA.  We were acquainted through our jobs, hers as an Emergency Room Nurse, and mine as a C.H.P. Officer.  My work brought me to the E.R. frequently, either as followup with an accident investigation, or occasionally, with drunk drivers for a blood sample.  When we married in early March of 1980, we became a blended family, and despite some challenges, we raised three boys, David - hers, and Mike & Marc - mine.  We are both extremely proud of all three boys, who have made their way into this competitive world, each with successful careers.  We quietly celebrated our wedding anniversary with a replication dinner of the first meal that Patty cooked for me, way back when.  It's been a great ride, and it's not over yet.

We had a visit from our friends Tom and Barb Westerfield yesterday afternoon, who were staying just up the road near Casa Grande.  We first met Tom & Barb a few years ago, when we joined the FMCA Golden Spike RV Chapter.  They are full time RV'ers, living in their motor home, and it was nice to visit with them for a few hours.  We'll see them again in Southern CA next month, when we travel to the next Golden Spike Rally.

I'm up a little earlier than usual this morning, as I return part time to the work force.  At 8am, I'll be punching the time clock at La Mesa RV, doing several days of orientation, prior to becoming an RV driver for the company.   I have a feeling that driving motor homes will be a whole lot less stressful than my last job of driving buses full of tourists at the Grand Canyon. 

3 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Anniversary to you and Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary again my friends!!! I'm sure that dinner was just as good as the first time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary my friends!! You are both very special people and I am very grateful for your friendship! Much happiness and many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete