Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

BACK TO WORK

When I walked in the door at La Mesa RV's transportation office yesterday morning, I discovered that I wasn't the only newbie, starting his first day of work at this large RV dealership.   I was introduced to a fellow named Milford, who it just so happens, also worked as a transit bus driver at the Grand Canyon, during the same time period that I did.  We hadn't seen each other since early September of 2012, when after two summers of driving buses at the canyon, I said goodbye to the millions of annual visitors.  It is sometimes indeed a "small world". 

Milford and I spent most of the day with a couple of other drivers, who oriented us to various aspects of the job.  One of our mentors was a retired airline pilot who flew 747's, and the other was a retired Army Command Sergeant Major.   That is of course, after we filled out another stack of forms, each about 1/2 an inch thick.  I thought for a moment that I was buying another house!

The day passed quickly, and before I knew it, 4:30pm rolled around, time to punch out on the computer time clock for the second time.  Today, at 7am,  most of the 30 something drivers, including myself, will start moving RV's out to the Pima County Fairgrounds for a weekend RV show.  This process will be repeated in reverse when the show is over.  I think this part time job is going to fit pretty well, especially with the flexibility to still do some traveling in our own motor home.

3 comments:

  1. You really provided great information to us. This is really helpful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RV dealership is a good business idea. Also, your job is good for spending some time by traveling. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog so much. Always you share informative post. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete