Total Pageviews

Monday, September 12, 2011

RETURN TO LAKE HAVASU

"Oh No, a picture of me eating junk food"!

We pulled out of space 121 in Trailer Village, at exactly 10am, and hooked up the jeep in Market Plaza. One last look at the General Store where Patty worked, and we were on the road, heading for home in Lake Havasu City. After driving a 40' New Flyer transit bus for 3 1/2 months, sitting in the plush drivers seat of our motor home felt a little strange, but it didn't take long for me to make the adjustment.

We drove through one very intense thunderstorm near Seligman, with lots of rain and lightning bolts. It didn't last very long, and by the time we got to Kingman, the temps were creeping up past any of the high temps we experienced during the summer at the Grand Canyon. When we turned off I40 at the Lake Havasu turn off (SR95), the Pilot was the choice for fuel, and totally by coincidence, they just happen to have a Wendy's. Well, what the heck, I wasn't going to turn down one of my favorite hamburgers, so the little women went inside while I fueled up the motor home. Actually, this was no coincidence at all, as I had been salivating for the last hour or so, about the thought of devouring one of my favorite hamburgers. Whenever I drag Patty, kicking and screaming into a fast food joint, she often just watches me harden my arteries. However, at Wendy's, she has discovered the spicy Asiago Chicken sandwich, which she says is very tasty.
So, the evidence is in the picture. Patty does actually consume junk food, albeit very rarely. Now that we're home, my first In & Out double, double in almost 4 months is a huge blip on today's radar screen!

1 comment:

  1. When we worked at the Grand Canyon 6 years ago, we were the same way about the junk food. Funny, when it is convenient, we do not want it, but when it is not available...we crave it!

    ReplyDelete