Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 22, 2011

BACK TO REALITY

When I take off on the Harley, usually a couple times a year, staying in motels is pretty much the only option. I've tried doing the camping thing, and in fact pitched my tent at a Thousand Trails RV Park, while on a ride last winter. Sleeping on the ground, even with a decent air mattress, just isn't in my wheelhouse any more. In fact, getting a decent nights sleep on a motel bed can sometimes be a challenge. After 2 or 3 nights in motels, I'm usually more than ready to return home. While on this trip, I did get an email from a blog reader in Santa Barbara, who extended an invitation for me to spend the night in their guest room. Thanks Randy, I sincerely appreciated the offer, but by the time I opened the email, I was already back in Lake Havasu. I haven't progressed to the smart phone yet, where emails are available in real time.

Yesterday, I got most of the motor home washed, and finally gave up around 4pm. I'll finish the job today, after my 8am appointment to get the jeep serviced. Patty has an appointment this morning with the optometrist, a prerequisite to her next appointment with the eye Doc, for cataract surgery at a future date.

After being gone all summer, we're still catching up with household chores, but thankfully, no major problems developed while we were gone. Next year will be the 10 year mark, when we left California, and moved to Lake Havasu City. In yesterdays local paper, I couldn't help but agree with a person who wrote a letter to the editor. It went something like this......No worry about tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, sub-freezing temperatures, tsunamis, forest fires, mudslides, floods, or snowstorms. A few months of temperatures over 100 degrees every year seems like little to suffer in comparison to the above list. My sentiments exactly!

No comments:

Post a Comment