Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 15, 2011

NEW SOUNDS

Yesterday was all about getting the new radio, speakers, and amp installed in the Harley. By noon, and with one phone call to Biketronics, the company where I got the kit, I was ready to hear how the new equipment sounded. When I first checked the sound on a local FM radio station, I couldn't believe the difference from the old radio. When I plugged in my Ipod shuttle, the clarity and crispness was amplified even more! At maximum volume, the sound wasn't distorted, and almost blew me out of the garage!

OK, so now I'm a very happy camper, ready to hit the road with my favorite music blasting through the new 100 watt speakers. With the old radio/tape deck, I had to turn the volume up to maximum level, just to where the sound was starting to be distorted. When the local radio station started to fade away, the sound level would drop, and eventually, I had to search for a new station. Out in the middle of nowhere, I often had to turn it off until I regained a radio station signal. Now, I can plug in my Ipod, or pop in a CD, and never be without music.

Some Harley enthusiasts might say that the sound of the V-Twin motor is all the music they need. Since my first Harley with a radio, a 1993 Electra Glide, that's when I decided that music from the radio enhanced the Harley experience even more. With the exception of a 95 Road King, and a 96 Bad Boy, my other Harley's after the 93 bagger, have all been equipped with radios.

The diagnosis on the motor home radiator fan problem was that the electronic fan controller module is defective. This morning, Joes RV & Truck, will get the new part ordered, and with any luck, our house on wheels will be back to normal in a few days.

Down to 2 motorcycles and 1 scooter

1 comment:

  1. how would i not thing blue on blue was your color let me guess BLUEKNIGHTS sticker????
    you might think about replaceing that rear tire soon
    its good to read your posts and about the GC i did tours there way back when
    have fun with your free time
    Mister Ed

    ReplyDelete