Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A FAST FOOD OASIS

No, this is not an advertisement for Wendy's. Well, maybe it might be. Notwithstanding the lack of compensation from the little redhead, I'm still posting the above picture of the Tusayan Wendy's. Now if Wendy's corporate wants to beat down my door, and throw a whole bunch of money at me for putting a picture of one of their stores on the world wide web, I probably wouldn't turn down the cash. However, I have my doubts as to that actually happening.

Yesterday, on my last day off from work, I drove into Tusayan, and patronized the local Wendy's for lunch. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be something to get very excited about, certainly not worth the effort to blog about, right? I have to say, that in my case, this is big news! For me, just having access to a fast food burger is beyond headline news, it's downright essential to my survival!

Some people can live on just vegetables, others pass on junk food, and some folks, believe it or not, don't like ice cream. I've got news for all of the vegetarians out there, there's actually someone in our midst's who can live exclusively on hamburgers, and that person is me!

Since I have the self assumed title of being the original "fast food junkie", I think it's only fair to rate the respective fast food joints, at least in my humble opinion.

1. In & Out - Not even close, by far the best burger. Patty says the only reason we moved to Lake Havasu City, AZ. is so that I would have everyday access to an In & Out Double, Double.

2. Wendy's - The only other burger joint that doesn't freeze their meat. Not a close 2nd, but way above the others. On many of my motorcycle adventures, a daily stop or two at Wendy's, was the extent of my daily nutrition.

I won't go any further, because if I put any of the remaining fast food joints at #3, or lower, I can almost assure you there would be a gaggle of lawyers, sitting in some board room, salivating at the possibility of bringing forth a libel and slander lawsuit.

Living this past summer here in the Grand Canyon National Park has presented some challenges, like having to drive into Flagstaff (75 miles) for any serious shopping. Fortunately, just outside the park in Tusayan, I've had access to Wendy's and McDonalds. How in the world did I ever survive 4 summers in Skagway, Alaska, where the words Wendy's, McDonalds, Burger King, Jack in the Box, & Carls Jr. were as foreign as many of the visitors who came off the cruise ships?

No comments:

Post a Comment