Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'M FINISHED


One of the things I didn't get done before we left for the Easter vacation with our Granddaughter Laila, was to clean and wax the roof of the motor home. Before we left, while it was parked under the shade cover, I cleaned and waxed everything but the roof. There isn't much space between the metal building, and the top of the motor home, so, this task waited until yesterday, when the RV was still parked next to the garage. Working on my hands and knees for a couple of hours, isn't quite as easy as it used to be, but at least it's done, and that's the main thing.

One other thing that I did before we left, was to order a new piece of material that hangs from the front of the shade cover. The old piece was about 6 or 7 years old, and literally falling apart. When I went to pick up the 10' by 17' piece of sunscreen fabric from a local business, it wasn't ready. In fact, it hadn't been cut, and the loops at the top and bottom hadn't been sewn. They couldn't even find my order sheet where I had already paid them $100, and ended up making a copy of my receipt. Maybe I was the one customer in a thousand where the ball got dropped, but I kind of doubt it. It really wasn't a big deal, but had I needed the product right away, it could have been. I just have a hard time understanding how some of these businesses with poor customer service, manage to survive in a competitive climate.

Yesterday, Patty picked up 500 Euros from Wells Fargo ($690.75), in preparation for her trip to France in a few weeks. We're both scurrying around, getting things ready for her trip, and for our summer at the Grand Canyon. Lots to do..........

No comments:

Post a Comment