Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

BACK HOME

The distance from Lazy Days RV Park in Tucson to our home in Lake Havasu City is 316 miles. This is a drive that I can almost put on auto pilot, since we've done it so many times. About the only variable is whether to stay on I10 through Phoenix, or take the I8/Hwy 85 bypass route via Gila Bend. According to my GPS, the bypass route is 4 minutes longer, but there's a whole lot less traffic to deal with. The last time I decided to go through Phoenix, I got caught in a construction zone on the west side of the city, and lost 30 minutes of the 4 minutes I would have gained. Needless to say, we took the bypass route yesterday, as we usually do.

The motor home was next to the garage by 3 pm, and unloaded shortly thereafter. Just as we entered the city from the south on Hwy 95, I noticed that my coolant temperature dropped about 20 degrees, and stayed in the mid 170 range all the way home. Normal operating temps are in the mid 190 range, and the last time this happened, I had to replace a fan control module. When the electronic module malfunctions, it either never turns on the hydraulic fan, or in my case both times, the fan runs all the time. It's time for a full service, so, with any luck, I'll get two birds with one stone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm adding this to my list of things to watch for. BTW, I found out Paul Everts RV in Fresno sells and services Tiffins. If anyone has any experiences, good or bad, I'd love to hear about them.

    ReplyDelete