Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 3, 2013

THE CAPE & THE DEVIL


The foggy weather continued yesterday, but we were determined to check out the view from high above the ocean at Cape Perpetua, south of Newport.  This is a viewpoint that we discovered 3 years ago, when we spent a good part of the 2010 summer on the Oregon & Washington Coast.  The pictures speak volumes regarding the incredible view.    





On the way back north from the cape, we stopped at the Devils Churn, where there's a walking trail down to the water.  The unique part of this section of rocky coastline, is the narrowing of the cove, to the point where it's only a few feet wide.  As the waves come into the increasingly smaller opening, they often crash against the rocks, causing a spray of water to be sent into the air.





Continuing north back towards Newport, we stopped in Waldport, where I was quietly informed that there just happened to be.....you guessed it......another fabric shop.  "But Dan, we don't want to drive all the way back, so can you just stop for a few minutes"?  Gee, I think I've heard that before!  Being the super, super nice guy that I am, I drove the quilt sisters to yet another woman's store, where I was relegated to sit in the Jeep.  As we pulled into the parking lot, I saw that there was an Ace Hardware across the street.  That was certainly a better alternative to either sitting in the Jeep, or looking at all that stuff  in the woman's store.  If this keeps up, I think that I'll be able to sew and make quilts, simply by osmosis!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan ... for that you will need material!! I know just the store to go to!!!!!

    ReplyDelete