Total Pageviews

Monday, August 5, 2013

FANTASY RACING

When it comes to wheeled competition such as NASCAR, NHRA, & other forms of motorsports, I'm not ashamed to admit that I enjoy watching the drivers (riders) compete against each other.  I think it's more about the raw desire of drivers and teams to win, than it is about which type of racing I like to watch.  I've always been very competitive, going back to my high school days, when I was the only freshman on the varsity basketball team.  Whether it was sports, or any other endeavors, like business, I always want to win.  I guess it's just part of my DNA, and I suppose that's why I enjoy watching motor sports action on the tube.  That's where I spent most of the day yesterday.

Last year when my oldest son Mike, started a fantasy drag racing league, while he was on assignment in Afghanistan, I did it more as a request to help ease his boredom, than as an active participant.  It didn't take long for my competitive juices to start flowing, and I became hooked in a weekly competition with my kids.  When the dust settled at the end of last season, I came in second to Marc, who had the best record of predicting who would win the races.  Second best for me, is almost the same as finishing last.   This drag racing season is more than half over, and after yesterdays Seattle race, my predictions were a little bit better than the kids.  Anything can happen, but the "Chance & Friends" fantasy drag racing league's champ (Marc) is currently in second place, and fading fast.   

No comments:

Post a Comment