Total Pageviews

Friday, August 2, 2013

HOME ALONE

While Patty & Nancy were gone yesterday, I drove into Newport, and picked up a couple of newspapers.  Not being able to get on the computer in the motor home, has disrupted my normal morning routine.  Reading the newspaper has taken up the slack, with computer time relegated to later in the day.

After the girls returned from visiting yet another quilt shop in Toledo, the three of us ventured over to the north hall, where we listened to a presentation on annuities.   The payoff was a free chicken fried steak dinner.  As with any sales pitch about a product, it usually sounds pretty good, until you do some research.  Having had one bad experience with an insurance company annuity, my skepticism was pretty high, and nothing was said that changed my thinking.  We thanked the host, and left with full stomachs.

As if visiting just about every quilt/fabric/yarn shop in Alaska, Oregon, & Western Canada wasn't enough, this morning, the girls are off to a quilt show in Newport.   If there was indeed a world record for the most visits to this type of store, Patty and Nancy would easily hold the record.  I think they have purchased just about every fabric known to woman, and together, they probably have enough material to make a quilt long enough for about 97 king size beds!

While the quilt sisters are gone, I'll spend some more time cleaning and waxing the outside of the motor home.   I'm not actually home alone, Gracie enjoys my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment