Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 25, 2013

SLOWER THAN SLUDGE

I hate it when I can't fix something!  Maybe it's a "guy" thing, but whatever it is, it frustrates me to no end if I can't come up with a resolution to a problem.  When it comes to broken mechanical stuff, give me a wrench, a screwdriver, or perhaps even a big old hammer, and I can usually take care of business. 

Getting connected to the Internet when you're traveling around the country in an RV, is one of those somethings, that I often can't fix.  Most of the time, I can hook up to the web with my Sprint USB data device connected to the laptop.  When it barely works (like right now), an alternative has been Nancy's Sprint MiFi, which sometimes provides a stronger signal.  When neither of those options work very well when we're parked in an RV park, the office or lodge usually has a WiFi hot spot where it's possible to get on the Internet with a relatively fast connection.  In Alaska, we often used the local library  as a place where we could get on line.

I usually do my computer blogging, shopping, surfing, and/or researching early in the morning.  When the RV park office is closed, or I have to get dressed, take the computer to the Jeep, and drive to the office, I usually just stay in the motor home.  Yep, I admit it, I'm spoiled, and take a lot of things for granted. 

The current situation is that I'm able to get online with my Sprint data device, but it's slower than sludge.  For some reason, I can't connect through Nancy's Sprint network, and I'm too lazy to drive up to the office.  So, no pictures of yesterdays beach combing activities, or of our drive up the coast to Seabrooke, a really impressive planned residential community.  We finished the day with a pretty good meal at Bennett's seafood restaurant in Ocean Shores.  Today is our last here at the Oceana Thousand Trails.  Tomorrow, we move down the coast to Long Beach, where we have reservations for 2 weeks at the Thousand Trails, and I'm hoping that our Sprint signal is a lot stronger there.


3 comments:

  1. Say Dan U might go see nick Russell seems he found a way to boost his phone and Internet he's not far from u he may let u tap into his new setup for some coffee
    Got your overcoat on,,,looks cold
    Joy it

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're at Long Beach now and Verizon is terrible. We're on 4 bars of extended network, which means we're off more than on. But at Oceana we had very good Verizon. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, let's see.....if Verizon is good & Sprint is terrible here at Oceana, perhaps Sprint will be good at Long Beach since Verizon isn't? I guess we'll find out in a few hours. See ya later today.

      Delete