Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 8, 2013

RESTORING THE SHINE

Right side of the picture is after washing and a fresh coat of wax.

In between being dragged to more woman stores than I can count, I've been working on getting layers, and layers of road grime off the motor home.  Driving to Alaska does have some negatives.  While we were in Coburg, Nancy had her motor home washed at a truck stop.  Our 3 days were filled with appointments, which took up more time, limiting the opportunity to have someone else wash our rig.  Knowing that we would be parked for 2 weeks in Newport, I decided to wait, and do the cleaning myself.
  
Before

This Thousand Trails park allows you to wash your rig at your site, if you purchase a $5 wash permit.  It's only good for a few days, but since I've been bucket washing a section at a time, I really don't need the permit.  I got it anyway, just in case there were any questions.  Starting at the front several days ago, I finished up the back yesterday.  With the drivers side remaining, I should be finished before we leave Whalers Rest.

After

This afternoon, we're attending  a presentation by M.A.S.A. (Medical Air Services Ass'n), the chief competitor to Sky Med.  Both programs are considered the premier companies, with other competitors offering less, for less cost.  One example is the FMCA program that is offered for about $100 a year.  For that price, the level of service is much less than M.A.S.A. or Sky Med, but as they say, you get what you pay for.  I'll get into the comparisons tomorrow in greater detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment