Total Pageviews

Friday, June 14, 2013

YAKATANIA POINT


An easy hike of about 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the airport parking lot is Yakatania Point.  A popular  spot for the locals, and a magnificent panoramic view of the Taiya Inlet, it was our first order of business yesterday. 

I'm posting this morning from the motor home for the first time, instead of the library, and my Sprint Internet connection is almost non-existent.  I did get the one picture loaded, but it took forever. 

We've been in Skagway a week now, and we're getting close to moving on up the highway.  One of the things that is keeping us here is the fact that Marc forwarded our mail about 10 days ago, and it hasn't yet arrived.  The Post Office here in Skagway has some ongoing, huge problems that I won't get into, but picking up our mail from the last several weeks is almost necessary before we leave town.   Maybe today?

We had dinner with Ron & Margaret yesterday at Starfire, an Asian restaurant.  The food was good, the company was great, and we ended up with 3 "doggie bags" due to the huge servings. 

Today is my train ride from Carcross back to Skagway.  The girls are driving me up to Carcross where I'll board the train for the 67.5 mile trip.  When we lived here, the White Pass & Yukon RR only went as far as Lake Bennett, a distance of 40 miles.  I've done that trip several times, but the extra 27 miles along the shore of Lake Bennett is definitely going to be a treat.  There will be lots of pictures of yesterday, and the train ride today, when I get back to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment