Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

TRAVELING TO THE CANYON

Yesterday was a travel day in the motor home, from Lake Havasu, to the Grand Canyon. I said adios to Patty, and pulled away from the house a little before 8 am. The drive east on I40 was pretty uneventful, as I only made one stop in Kingman for fuel and propane. When I passed through the National Park Gate, it was about mid day. Before I parked the motor home in our tentatively reserved space in Trailer Village, I first checked with the Xanterra Housing office. Space 94 was still being held for us, so by late afternoon, I was parked, and had most everything set up.

That's the good news. Now, the inevitable bad news. I'm posting this edition, with an Internet hookup by way of our Sprint Data Card. The south rim of the Grand Canyon is a Sprint Roaming area, and the connection is almost non-existent. The speed is so very slow, that if I'm even able to load any pictures, it will probably take forever. Last year, we had a nearby, unsecured network, that we utilized, but this year, I doesn't look like we'll have that same option.

I haven't given up, but I guess even a slow connection is better than no connection. I may be able to boost the reception with an external antenna, and if that's the only way to enhance the connectivity, I may look into that option. Otherwise, my routine of almost daily posts will be considerably less, and without a faster speed, photos will be far and few between.

No comments:

Post a Comment