Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 6, 2012

FRUSTRATED

The daily Grand Canyon Railroad Train's arrival at the South Rim.

As previously discussed, my Internet connection through a Sprint USB data card is marginal at best. This is a Sprint roaming area, and so far, no unsecured WI FI networks are available. I had one more picture of the Grand Canyon Railroad train, that I was trying to load, but after 25 minutes, I gave up. It seems that earlier in the morning (like before 6am), the connection seems to work much better, but when folks start using the cell phone and data networks, then the speed & connectivity come to an almost abrupt halt. Verizon is the strong carrier here at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, and I suppose I could go that route. But, that doesn't really make sense, particularly given the fact that we're only here a few months.

As much as I have gotten into a daily rhythm of blog posting, it's looking more and more like that will have to change when I start work in a few days. Right now, I have the time to deal with the issue, but when time is limited, I won't be able to sit in front of the computer for hours. It's amazing how reliant we sometimes become on certain things, then, when taken away, or severely limited, the frustration level goes through the roof. I'm in the process of transitioning from this 6 year old laptop, to a new Dell laptop, which in some respects, is adding to my increasing lack of patience.

I took this picture of the moon last night at about 9 pm. According to the astronomers, this was the brightest moon of the year, as it's orbit was as close as it gets to mother earth. Here at the 7,000 foot elevation of the Grand Canyon, there is virtually no light pollution. When you want to look at the stars, or the moon, this is a pretty good place to be. The moon light last night was so bright, you certainly didn't need a flashlight to see where you were going.

No comments:

Post a Comment