Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

SOME OVERTIME

After a 6 day work stretch, today and tomorrow were supposed to be days off. However, I was asked yesterday if I wanted to fill in today for one of the other drivers. I'm not big on working a lot of overtime, but, an O.T. day, combined with a paid holiday this week, should put my next paycheck in the bus driver stratosphere. That's of course if the government doesn't take it's "fair share", for important investments in Solyndra like, green energy companies. And, lets' not forget how important it is for government agencies to have "retreats" in places like Las Vegas, and Hawaii, on the taxpayer dime. Like the vast majority of proud Americans, I wouldn't mind paying my fair share, if there wasn't such terrible waste and abuse of those funds. The culture of corruption in D.C. has reached epidemic proportions, and without some bold leadership, I'm not at all optimistic about the future for my kids and Granddaughter. I know, the same old rant, but unless something changes, I believe we're a lot closer to the cliff than most people think.

On a more positive note, next week, I'll be taking the truck back to Havasu, and reuniting with my bride, who will have just returned from France. She won't have but 24 hours or so at home, before we return to the canyon for the rest of the summer. I think Patty will start work almost immediately, and hopefully, her schedule will match with some of my days off. But, if not, we'll be done on September 7th, and back to being retired on the 8th.

1 comment:

  1. I think your assessment of Washington D.C. is right on the money. Never ever vote for an incumbent.

    Thanks for the blog.
    Rex

    ReplyDelete