Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WOOD PREP

It took longer to prepare the new piece of plywood than I thought. Specifically, the rubberized undercoat didn't dry very fast, so it took most of the day yesterday to get the new floor piece ready for installation.

I painted both sides with 2 coats of an enamel based primer, then sprayed on 2 layers of the undercoat. By the time I had finished with all of that, it was too late to go any further.

One other thing that I've discovered in this process, is that all but one of the screws holding the damaged wood to the frame, were broken. 5 out of the 6 #10 self tapping screws weren't doing anything! The only reason the floor piece wasn't bouncing around as we went down the road, is because of all the weight from everything we have stored in that compartment. I think it's safe to say that I'll be putting more than 6 screws into this new piece of wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment