Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A CHANCE TO RIDE

This will be the last post for a few days, as I'm throwing a leg over the Harley, and heading for Death Valley. This was supposed to be the weekend that an old buddy (Scooter) and I were going to revisit the Yuma Prison Run. Back in the early 80's, (gosh, that's 30 years ago!) Yuma was the destination in early spring, and many of us made the trip south for many years, to the warmer weather.

Scooter called me yesterday, telling me that he couldn't make it because his bike was still in the shop. So, with my head filled with thoughts of riding, I've decided to take off for one of my favorite places to catch some wind in my face. I've been fascinated with the eastern side of the sierras for almost forever, and the Death Valley area is at the top of my list. When I get back home in a few days, I'll have some photos to go along with where ever the road decides to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment