Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A CHANCE TO RIDE



Diana & Bob Rush, Patty & me

Our friends Bob & Diana, arrived day before yesterday, after picking up Bob's new motorcycle in Scottsdale. When they left their Enterprise home in north eastern Oregon, the average daytime temperatures were around 40, and it was still below freezing at night. Even though our weather has cooled off, it's still a lot warmer than what they had just a few days ago.

Yesterday, even with the threat of a possible shower, we rode the bikes south to Parker, had lunch, then back to Lake Havasu. It was just a little short of a hundred miles, and we did get a few raindrops on the windshields, but with the temperature around 80 degrees, it felt good to be in the wind.


Parker Dam on the Colorado River

We stopped on the Arizona side of Lake Havasu, where I took a picture of Parker Dam, which backs up Lake Havasu for over 20 miles. When this dam was built by the city of Los Angeles, they had to dig down over 300 feet to reach bedrock, and establish a foundation for the dam. It is recognized as one of the "deepest dams" in the world, even though the part that you can see is not really all that impressive.

The last picture was taken this morning in the garage, and if you look very closely, you will see a bright yellow motorcycle behind Diana's and my Harley-Davidson. That's Bob's new H@*$%, that has replaced his perfectly good Harley. Now don't get me wrong, I have very few prejudices regarding brands of motorcycles. In fact, at one time, I had 4 non Harley's in the garage, and am now down to just 2, a dual sport, and a scooter. My non-Harley's have always been in addition to, not a replacement of. So, when Bob called me on the phone to pre-warn me about the new purchase, I told him it was OK, Diana and I would just make him ride in the back, that there was absolutely no way that 2 Harley's were going to follow a H@*$%! All kidding aside, the new Gold Wing is an incredible touring bike, even though it sounds like a sewing machine!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dan.
    Good jab about the Honda Davidson! Love you guys.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete