Total Pageviews

Monday, June 15, 2009

SEASIDE







This community on the north Oregon Coast, has been one of the main ocean playgrounds in the North West for many years. Its' proximity to the metro Portland area makes it an easy drive from a major population center, and the downtown area where I took the photo of the mural, is adjacent to the beach. The many trinket shops, multiple food establishments, bumper cars, tilt-a-whirl, and even a carousel, reminded me a little of the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk in CA, near where I grew up and went to high school. As we were walking, we came upon a pizza business called Fultanos. We knew our friends Bob & Jeanette Fulton were originally from this area, and had previously owned a pizza restaurant before moving to Lake Havasu City. The name being similar, we inquired inside, and sure enough, this was one of the pizza businesses that Bob & Jeanette used to own. Before leaving the beach area, and heading over to the outlet mall, I found another train! This little kiddie ride was putting smiles on a few small faces, not to mention the big kid, who took the picture. If there's a train close by, big or small, I can find it! No, I didn't ride it.

We ended the afternoon at the Outlet Mall where there was a Black and Decker Store, that kept me occupied for about an hour, while Patty checked out some of the other stores. Of course, there were a couple of things that I couldn't live without, so, my toolbox continues to get smaller and smaller. Not sure what's on the agenda today.

No comments:

Post a Comment