Total Pageviews

Friday, June 1, 2012

DAY OFF CHORES

I kept busy yesterday, catching up on some household cleaning duties, and tackling a huge pile of dirty laundry. After working 7 days in a row, there was a bunch of stuff to do. Even though our washer/dryer combo unit isn't very big, it sure is convenient, eliminating most trips to the laundromat. After 3 loads of wash, I was caught up, ready to start a new pile.

Knowing the little Beagle would be bugging me at sunup, I got a head start last night, and was in bed by 9pm. Sure enough, just like an alarm clock at 4:50 this morning, the canine noises were unmistakable. I'm sure some folks might be able to ignore the early morning wake up call, and just roll over, dozing back off to sleep. I'm just not built that way, and one of the first things that always pops into my head once awakened, is that if I don't get up, that little doggie bladder might just decide to overflow. Once that thought is implanted, the possibility of any more sleep is simply impossible. So, the morning routine is pretty consistent, and the upside is that I have lots of leisure time for coffee, blogging, reading, and other quiet morning activities.

Back to work today, with the next days off devoted to a quick trip to Lake Havasu, and a long awaited reunification with Patty. It's been exactly a month since I arrived here at the canyon, and the days of batching it will soon come to an end.

With a full belly, and an empty bladder, someone has no problem going back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment