Total Pageviews

Friday, October 7, 2011

THE KASTLE & A BACKHOE

Nancy's beautiful home in Atwater, CA

After I parked the motor home, Nancy gave us a tour of her property, and the house. If I were looking for a larger house, and some acreage, (which we're not), Nancy's place fits the bill almost perfectly. There's room for just about everything, including her two horses. The inside of the house is as elegant as it is practical, with an awesome kitchen, and as I said yesterday, way to many amenities to try and include in a narrative. It is indeed a "Kastle".

Patty and Nancy spent the afternoon visiting, while I caught up with a few things on the computer.
Later, we drove into Merced, and had dinner at Applebee's, then returned to the house. I retired to our little house, while the girls continued their visit in the big house.

There's no big hurry, but sometime this morning, I'll fire up the Cummins ISL 400 diesel, and we'll hit the road for home. Driving south on Hwy 99 through the central valley of California doesn't exactly float my boat, but we're both anxious to get home, so the direct route is what it will be. I suspect that we'll probably stop somewhere in the desert, and spend the night before completing the trip home.

I took these pictures of Everett when we arrived in Jamestown a few days ago. He was in the process of fixing his septic system.

Despite the not so enviable job of fixing a plugged septic system, when you have a backhoe, it allows you to do stuff like this without calling in the cavalry.


No comments:

Post a Comment