Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2011

2 DOWN, NONE TO GO

Yesterday morning, Patty had her second Cataract surgery in as many weeks. With the patch over her right eye still in place, it's difficult to judge anything regarding improved vision. This morning, it's back to the Optometrist for a quick check, and then the patch will probably come off. I still find it hard to comprehend the amazing advances in medicine, particularly when it comes to the most delicate of all our senses, the eye.

Thanks to all for the Happy Birthday wishes. I sincerely appreciate the kind words. Yesterday, I officially became part of the huge baby boomer wave, that will sweep the country for the next couple of decades. Born right after WWII, along with millions of other folks, I am among the first of the baby boomers.

Now that I have officially joined the Medicare crowd, does that mean that I'm destined to a sedentary life of TV watching, reading, and occasionally, drooling while taking an afternoon nap?
I don't think so! As they say, "you're only as old as you feel", and except for a lot of soreness right now from walking a whole bunch of miles in the last two days, I still feel pretty darn good. Now, if I can just figure out a way to have my buddies, Ben & Jerry visit me everyday, without gaining a bunch of extra pounds, I'll really be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment