Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2011

THE ISLAND PATH

The day I picked to start walking & running was quite windy.

It was November 11th last year, when I started walking & running on the 3.6 mile, multi- use path that circles the island here in Lake Havasu City. When I stopped on March 3rd, I had logged 118.2 miles, and bicycled an additional 46.8 miles. The end result was a few less pounds, lower blood pressure, and a much lower resting heart rate. During that period of time, and over most of the summer, I said goodbye to my good friends - Ben & Jerry. During the last couple of months however, good ole Ben & Jerry have creeped back into my life, and yesterday was the day that I bid farewell once again.

During the winter months that we are here, the island path will once again be my morning home. It takes me about 55 minutes to walk the loop, and if I run (jog) at least half of the distance, the time comes down to approx. 45 minutes. This year, my goal is to increase the running distance from a best last year of 2 miles, to the entire 3.6 miles. We'll see how that goes. The old knees don't always want to cooperate.

This morning, Patty has Cataract Surgery on her right eye, and her eyesight will then be 100% bionic. The recovery from surgery to her left eye last week, has gone very well, and she's looking forward to getting past this 2nd procedure, with the end result being much better vision.

Not a good day to be on the lake with the boat. Lots of whitecaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment