Total Pageviews

Friday, October 21, 2011

DUSTING THE COBWEBS

2008 Kawasaki KLR 650

I had the best of intentions yesterday, and that was to get out to the Wally World shopping center, and check out all of the classic cars that are in town for the annual "Run to the Sun" car event. Well, I didn't make it. Instead, I chose to blow some of the dust off my smaller bike, and burn up some of the old gas that's been in the tank for several months.

When I bought this bike in 2008, while working as a supervisor for the transit system in Glacier National Park, I used it mostly to commute the 9 miles to work. During that summer in western Montana, I rolled up about 2,500 miles, and did some exploring in the surrounding National Forests. Since then, I haven't ridden the KLR very much, but there are a few times a year when I get the urge to get off the pavement, and get away from civilization. I've already decided that if we return to the Grand Canyon next summer, the KLR is going. While there this past summer, I discovered countless national forest roads that begged for further discovery, and this do everything motorcycle is the perfect vehicle. Every time I entertain the thought of getting rid of the Harley, or the KLR, all I have to do is go for a ride on either one, and those thoughts quickly disappear.

Today, the patch comes off Patty's left eye, and she will see the first images without a cataract impairing that vision. Speaking of medical procedures, our Golden Spike buddy - "D" Hall is recovering from hip replacement surgery, and we wish her a speedy recovery. By the time our fellow Golden Spikers get together again in Indio, at the FMCA Rally in January, our hope is that "D" will be well down the road to recovery.




No comments:

Post a Comment