Total Pageviews

Friday, July 23, 2010

A WALK ON THE BEACH

I spent most of the morning trying to put together an AMTRAK trip, but in the end, it just didn't work out. One of the western trains that I have not ridden, runs from Seattle to Chicago, and is called the Empire Builder. When we spent the summer in northwest Montana a couple of years ago, this is the train that passes through the area, and has been on my train ride bucket list for a number of years. My plan was to ride this train east to a point in central Montana, and catch the westbound back to Seattle. The main problem is lack of room availability. A trip has to be booked well in advance of the departure date, and by the time there was a roomette available, we will be out of the area. So, it's not going to happen, and a walk on the beach seemed like a good way to clear my scrambled brain.



Anytime, we use the word "walk", Sami's ears perk up, and she's always ready to go. I would love to take the leash off, but I knew there would be a chase involved, and I didn't have the energy yesterday. On the trail over the dunes, people have collected stuff off the beach, and deposited it in one area, making what I call a beachcombers shoe tree. The top picture was taken on the way out to the beach, and the one below, was taken on the way back.



This picture shows a brand new addition to the beach sculpture, in the form of some pink shoes that someone left on the beach, and I gathered up. This is close to the same place I took the previous picture of the young white tail deer a couple of days ago. We were blessed with a small amount of late afternoon sunshine yesterday, which we're hoping will continue today.

No comments:

Post a Comment