Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 3, 2010

ROCHE HARBOR

Here's a couple of additional pictures of Roche Harbor, on San Juan Island. This is the place where we had lunch a couple of days ago, and it wouldn't be hard to spend more time at this almost magical little harbor. The photo below, shows one of the many million dollar yachts tied up at the marina. When we walked down the dock, eyeballing some of these floating mansions, Patty spotted a beautiful Persian Cat, sitting at the back of one of the yachts. The owners were sitting nearby, and all were watching the activity on the dock. We had a short conversation with the folks, but at the time, I didn't think of taking a picture. When I start writing about our activities, I often think "why didn't I get a picture of that"? This was a very pretty cat, that just happened to live on a very big boat.

Yesterday, we drove into Burlington, did some shopping at Camping World, and had lunch at one of our favorites, a Red Robin Restaurant. Part of this Camping World was a former RV dealer, and all of the Real Estate has been combined into an RV sales complex that's associated with the retail store. I noticed a large Monaco sign at the sales location, and since I need a couple of small Monaco parts, I checked to see if they had a parts inventory. The sales person said they weren't associated with Monaco any longer, and haven't figured out how to take down the large tower and Monaco sign. Everywhere we go, we see former Monaco dealers, who aren't dealers any longer, so it's difficult for me to see how this new version of Monaco is going to be able to sell their product. At least I can still get parts, even if I have to go through the factory in Coburg, OR. We ended the day by stopping at a local fish market, where we purchased some caught that morning, Dungeness Crab, which will be part of dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment