Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 10, 2010

SURPRISE FROM THE SKY

When I was returning to the motor home yesterday morning, I was riding on a forest service, dirt road, next to a large lake. The sun was out, the scenery was outstanding, it couldn't have been much better. I rounded a corner, and saw 4 bald eagles circling near the lake, so I slowed down to get a better view, and watch them a little longer. Out of the blue (literally), I felt something hit my helmet, jacket, and R/hand guard. It didn't take long to figure out what had just happened. I had been bombarded by our national bird! It couldn't have been a better hit, than if the damn bird had been equipped with a laser bomb sight. It reminded me of the baseball hat that shows simulated bird poop, and says "I hate seagulls". Maybe I should write on the back of my helmet "I hate eagles".

Check SpellingDespite the humiliating act that just occurred, I continued to watch these magnificent birds, knowing in my mind that the chances of a second aerial attack was next to impossible.
As the bottom photo shows, there's still a lot of snow at the higher elevations. I took this picture on the west side of Mt. Bachelor, at an elevation of a little under 7,000 feet. Even though the ski area has been closed for weeks, there's still plenty of snow on the slopes. Maybe global warming doesn't apply to central Oregon? After not sleeping a whole lot in my tent, it was nice to return to a hot shower, and a real bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment