Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A NEW GUN

This picture was taken at the Hells Canyon Overlook, day before yesterday. When these two "Ya Ya Sisters" get together, there's usually a lot of laughter going on. Bob and I often don't always get the punch line, but as long as they are having fun, that's all that matters.

Last week, when I posted on the blog, that I had tried to purchase a Ruger 22 caliber rifle from a Bi Mart Store, and was turned down because I wasn't an Oregon resident, I got an email from my cousin Karen in Coos Bay, Oregon. She offered to purchase the rifle, and when we stop by later this summer, I could pick it up, and pay her then. I thanked her, but decided that I really didn't need the gun, it was just one of those "want" things. Well, during our morning conversation, the subject came up again, and Bob offered to do the same thing that my cousin was willing to do. After a little debate, and nothing really planned for the day, I changed my mind, and Bob and took off for LaGrande, where the rifle was still on sale. After purchasing the Ruger 10/22, (stainless model), we grabbed a quick bite to eat and stopped at the local Ford Dealer, where Bob checked out some of the pickups. He's talking about getting rid of his Toyota Tundra, and purchasing a new Ford F150. We looked at several, and they are really nice trucks, however, when you take a look at the manufacturers suggested retail price, suddenly, they weren't quite that nice! Some of those trucks cost more than twice as much as I paid for my first house! When we drove the hour or so back to Enterprise, the weather changed to some rain, and we just missed a mile or so of hail, passing through some white fields, and a lot of white slush on the road. All in all, it was good day, and I now have another gun that I don't need.

No comments:

Post a Comment